Tuesday, April 1, 2008

#17 - Life is Full of Gratitude...

By, Juliana

I "try" to do all the tags that I get...try being the operative word here since I can't keep up with all of them. But if there are tags I like doing, it has to be something like this one. Something that makes me think and look at my life in a positive way.

That being said, I'd like to thank Nelle of Lucid Creativity not only for passing on this one to me but for including "meeting me" as one of the things she's grateful for. I didn't expect it but it's very flattering. So let me start by saying that I am also grateful for 'bumping' into her here in the blogesphere. I can still remember where that first encounter was. It was on JK's blog. Without getting into too much detail, she left a message for JK and I got to read it. Her message was very touching that it made me visit her blog. That simple.

It's not everyday that you come across someone like that...didn't know then that's she's only 21 yrs old. I was still playing hide and seek and blowing bubbles at that age [ha!]...but there she was imparting some words of wisdom. Today, here we are...full-pledged members of the MAC together with Mommy Ruby. MAC?? Mutual Admiration Club...haha.

What else am I grateful about/for? Plenty actually. My life is blessed in so many ways. I didn't grow up with all the material things I wanted [and needed sometimes] but it was a very happy childhood. For that I'm grateful for/to my parents and siblings. Yes we went [still do] through all the dramas that families go through but at the end of the day, it's us that stayed together ...through thick and thin.

My parents for letting me grow and letting me go when I had to so I can live a life that I may have not known if they hadn't let me go. It was probably one of the hardest things for them to do but they did it for me...and I will forever be grateful for that.

Some unknown person/s that sent me through college. I never met him/her/they but I will always be grateful because without their financial assistance, I probably wouldn't be where I am right now.

The nuns in a dormitory at Pope Pius XII Catholic Center for providing me with a safe haven while I was away from my family. I so loved that place I stayed for another year after my college graduation...

My husband for finding him when I did [yes, I found him]. For being the best Dad and husband I could ever ask for. For having a dream and doing what it takes to realize that dream. For letting me stay home with our little one and for not resenting me for not learning how to drive [yet].

Our daughter for making life worth living for. I never really thought I'd be a mother one day as I used to be so busy being a daughter myself. Now that we have her, I can't imagine life without her.

I have a lot of other things I am grateful about/for but if I start listing them all it will take me forever to finish this interesting tag. So I am stopping here for now and wait for a similar tag [or this very same tag from another blogger...haha] to list down some of the things I am grateful for.

PINAY WAHM
Tampa, Florida, USA

No comments:

About Us | Disclaimer | Disclosure Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2008 MondayMorningPower